Thursday 23 June 2016

TRADITIONAL WEDDING ATTIRE

Most people believe that dressing up for their traditional wedding is just for the sake of getting their guests to recognize them as the celebrants of the day. I see more to that.......

I see the beauty of combining your wedding colours in your attire,  I see the brightness and the Glory of African handwork. I see the beauty of our deep,  rich and colourful culture in those attires.

For instance,  an Edo couple-to-be dresses up in their wonderful attire.
The bride wearing a beautiful neatly embroiled wrapper/skirt up to her chest,  with beads flowing down from her head to her toes without leaving her hands and shoulders as well as carrying a white Horse tail, same with her train.
The groom wears a blouse, tying a wrapper with beads on his neck and a tradition walking stick on his hand.

A typical Yoruba bride would wear a lace blouse and wrapper (Iro and Buba), with a well tied head gear(gele) without leaving out the beads and white Horse tail.  The groom wears the attire known as (Agbada)  with a cap (fila).

So,  you see why African wedding attire is rich and appealing. 
I love Africa.  I love Weddings..  I love culture....

No comments:

Post a Comment